Call +375223378274 | email: kancel@baa.by
                 
Search:
 
 News 
 About 
 History 
 Information for students 
 Faculties 
 Science and Innovation 
 International activity 
 Contacts 


/ main History

The history of the Belarusian State Agricultural Academy

The history of the Belarusian State Agricultural Academy begins in 1836, when the tsarist government decided to open an agricultural school in Gory-Goretsky estate of the Mogilyov gubernia. From 1837 to 1840 35 school buildings were built.

On August 15, 1840 there was a grand opening of the school. It had two ranks ̶ the highest and the lowest. The highest rank prepared agronomists and managers for state and private estates, and the lowest rank prepared agricultural students. Thanks to the good organization of educational work, the reorganization of the educational economy, the invitation of qualified teachers, the school quickly gained popularity not only in Russia but also in Europe.

In 1848, the highest level of the agricultural school was transformed into an agricultural institute with a four-year course of study. It was the first higher educational institution in Russia with the right of the university. Instead of the lower level of the school, an agricultural college was created, giving secondary specialized education. In 1858 Classes of private land surveyors and tax collectors were opened in Gorki.

In connection with participation in the 1863 uprising, the agricultural institute was closed and transferred to Petersburg. In Gorki, agricultural and vocational schools, surveyor-taxation classes and a training farm continued their work.

During the period from 1840 to 1863, the first experimental field in the world was created in Gorki, the first pottery drainage in Russia was laid out, and the stud farm was built with the first veterinary clinic in Belarus. A mechanical workshop worked at the institute, a cast iron foundry, and a plant for the production of drainage pipes were built.

A new page in the history of the university began in 1919, when the agricultural institute in Gorki was restored by the decision of the board of the People's Commissariat of Education of the RSFSR. In 1925, as a result of the unification of the Minsk and Goretsky Agricultural Institutes, the Belorussian State Academy of Agriculture was founded, named after the October revolution. In 1931, on the basis of the Academy, eleven branch agricultural institutes were created, of which six were located in Gorki. In 1933, the Gorki institutes again merged into the Belarusian Agricultural Institute.

In December 1940, the institute solemnly celebrated its 100th anniversary. For merits in the training of agricultural specialists Belarusian Agricultural Institute was awarded the Order of the Red Banner of Labor.

During the war, the activities of the institute were interrupted, and the institute campus was turned into piles of ruins.

In December 1945, Belarusian Agricultural Institute resumed its work. In 1948, by a decree of the Council of Ministers, the institute was transformed into the Belarusian Agricultural Academy. In subsequent years, further successful development of the academy took place: new faculties were opened, several new educational buildings, dormitories and residential buildings were built. Since 1962, BAA began to prepare specialists for foreign countries. In 1976, the Academy was awarded the second order ̶ the Order of the October Revolution. In 1995, BAA was renamed the Belarusian State of the Order of October Revolution and the Red Banner of Labor Agricultural Academy. In 1997, BSAA was granted the status of the leading higher educational institution of the Republic of Belarus in the field of training for agriculture.

 







                 

Copyright 2004-2020